Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, March 31, 2013

In Your Easter Bonnet, March 31, 2013

In your Easter Bonnet, EASTER PARADE
 
It's Easter. I'm reminded of simpler times when I hear Bing Crosby or Judy Garland and Fred Astaire sing 'Easter Parade' by Irving Berlin. I enjoyed Judy and Fred's scene below in which some subtle (pre-equal rights movement for women) play is on display when Judy and Fred reverse gender roles.
 
It's a bit of a stretch to work in the male POV here. I could say that I love the romance and am building my own blog memory of what attracks me, which is true. But I also believe a good romance can also have some fun with role playing. Who doesn't enjoy a story with a tom boy or a tom boyish scene. But can the same be said for a metro-sexual male (like Fred Astaire)? More power to the writer who can sell a "beta" (not alpha) male or show an arc for the male character changing from beta to alpha or somewhere inbetween. Was Fred a beta or alpha? His screen romances certainly sold.
 

Judy Garland was hounded by the studios to lose weight, which led her to drug addiction and eventual suicide. Judy had a natural beauty that shouldn't have been messed with. Besides her primary draw at the box office came from her singing and her history as a child actress. The producers missed the point to why the public would go out to see a Judy Garland movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment