Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Friday, April 10, 2020

4. Quickened

Relationships: Originally posted Jan 05, 2016 by Randi Gunther Ph.D. from her blog at https://randigunther.blogspot.com.

Today we are studying number four of nine. (1. Surprise// 2. Intrigue// 3. Timelessness// 4.Quickened// 5. Fear// 6. Certainty// 7. Authenticity// 8. Synergy// 9. Home.


4. Quickened

The intense drive of sexual attraction is part of every new relationship but there are additional feelings when true, long-lasting love is a possibility. The sense of being alive is felt simultaneously and in every cell in the body. The heart feels as if it is opening, the mind is engaged, the senses are awakened, and a feeling of transcendence often emerges.

Couples who have stayed in love for a long time tell me that both of them felt as if something were transforming inside of them, a kind of awakening they had not often felt before, like they made an energy together neither had known in the same way before.  

“It was a fix-up date so I really didn’t expect anything, except two of my good friends arranged it so I knew I wouldn’t be totally disappointed, whoever he turned out to be. I had no idea that what happened could have ever happened. He gave me a great hug when I first walked into the restaurant and then kind of pushed me back a little and laughed like someone who had just been given a present. At first I didn’t even know what or how to feel, but something came over me I’d never felt before, like being given a shot of adrenaline and a tranquilizer at the same time, totally calm but unbelievably alive. I knew that something special was happening but I had no idea how special it would turn out to be.”

Bob's comments: Sometimes the urge to mate is so strong it overwhelms all our senses. It sounds crude but that's chemistry taken to the nth degree. Of course, a gentleman restrains himself and looks for the lifeboats because he wants to survive the drowning.

"I had no idea what to do when I first talked to her. I wanted to take her home and make love to her all day, forever. I'm normally shy, but on the fateful day my mouth and mind were on two different frequencies. I asked her if she'd like to hook-up today. She laughed at me and with the greatest smile you'd ever want to see she said, maybe someday. I became rational. Somehow she wasn't offended. Somehow she liked me too. Perhaps she felt the same pull, but knew better. We've been married now for six years and we just can't get enough of each other, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment