Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, September 6, 2020

The value of Instagram

What’s the point of Instagram? To make connections with people who enjoy your photography of things that interest you and would like to share their own. If you are in business or simply gregarious Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. is a good place to be, provided you don’t neglect or hide form your purpose. In my case it is writing stories.

I must be a complete nerd because the only thing I can think of for Instagram that serves my career as an author are what’s around me in my office. So I’ll start there. Besides, lately aren’t we all spending more time at home and if we are writing, more timer in our office?

Today’s tip: Go to virtual conventions. I learned so much and connected with so many people at the RWA convention last week. I have a huge task ahead of me when The Wild Rose Press, releases Cinnamon & Sugar. In order to help it become a hit I must spend x amount of time marketing and y amount of time writing the next one.

Right now, I’m comfortable building up my FB friends (at 4100) and will embark today on Instagram. Twitter throws me, but I’ll get on board soon.

Oh yes, writing tips. Chapter one is so important to the book because it shows the inciting incident(s) and sets up the main characters. Expect to rewrite this more than other chapters, but don’t let that stop you. If you feel it isn’t quite right, don’t hide in a perpetual chapter 1. Write more chapters and come back to it later when everything clarifies, and it will. What I’m talking about is how much we need to know about the hero and heroine at that moment(s), and exactly how many ramifications of the inciting incident, which can also be tweaked. And more.

No comments:

Post a Comment