Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Don't Stand So Close to Me


You can repurpose an old song with permission. In romance you can rewrite a classic like Pride and Prejudice and plop it in a modern setting.
Most times, especially now, drama surrounds us and it is our duty to tell tales. I'm busy with other projects with my publisher. But I do write poetry or song.
My point is that nothing is really new, but the twists and style are all yours. So for you and your unique story telling ways, carry on.

Repurposed
Don't Stand So Close to Me
Inspired by The Police
Don’t stand, don’t stand so,
don't stand so close to me.
No covid, please step back.
I want a girl, not flack.
Can’t get there, too far.
I walk by her, can’t meet at the bar.
She smiles. She walks on.
Another day, just dream on.
I go home, try to stay loose.
Try online, what’s the use?

Don’t stand, Don’t stand so,
don’t stand so close to me.
No boyfriend to hold me.
Facetime don’t work, but it’s free.
I want a boy to hold tight.
No one here tonight.
No covid, please pass me by.
No grandma, no grandpa. No goodbye.
So miss them, want to cry.

Don’t stand, don’t stand so,
don’t stand so close to me.


1 comment:

  1. Intersting Post! Thanks for sharing a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete