Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, May 10, 2020

8. Synergy

Relationships: Originally posted Jan 05, 2016 by Randi Gunther Ph.D. from her blog at https://randigunther.blogspot.com.


Today we are studying number eight of nine. (1. Surprise// 2. Intrigue// 3. Timelessness// 4.Quickened// 5. Fear// 6. Certainty// 7. Authenticity// 8. Synergy// 9. Home.

Synergy
Compatibility is a must in every good relationship, but synergy is something more. It’s great to dance easily with another, but creating new dances as you go is a whole other world. Many people are a good team and complete each other’s dreams and desires. But couples who are synergistic do more than add to each other’s lives. Together, they are more than the sum of their individual parts. They become, in each other’s presence, more than either of them could have ever become alone or with anyone else.
“I’d accomplished a lot in my life. I felt good about the package I had to offer, and had pretty high expectations of any guy I was going to partner with. Most of them just didn’t measure up, even though I knew we could probably compensate where the other wasn’t as strong. But I never felt it was a good enough match to commit and I was totally fine being single. Enter Jason. Old camera; brand new picture. All of a sudden I found myself excited about my own potential in ways I’d never experienced before. We not only clicked, we expanded. I felt unabated discovery. We just got more and more interesting to ourselves, and to each other. It’s never changed.”

Bob: A priest once told me that he observed in certain couples an inexplicable increase in energy over time, a week-to-week time. He described the energy as an intense happiness and ascribed it to grace given. When you have a hidden partner looking out for you it means you have been selected to do great things together or at the very least quiet each other's yearning souls. For me, this was much to think about, being a physicist. Scientists concern themselves with entropy. What the priest suggested was there was some added unexplained extra. I believe there is more about our world, our universe than we can know (at this point) and for me in that lies the charm and fascination I have for an amazing world.

Okay, that was heavy. If you fall in love with a person, let's say destiny led you to, be prepared to give back to the human race (or each other) more than the sum of your talents. Come on, doesn't everybody know 1+1 does not equal 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment