Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Monday, June 25, 2018

The Proposal


It’s interesting to see how new reality shows attract and then, hopefully hold an audience. ABC has just launched The Proposal.  It promises the strong possibility that two strangers will become engaged in one hour. They hide one in a booth and he or she chooses from ten. They have rounds, like a beauty contest where the contestants ask or answer questions. And yes, there is a swimsuit competition. Sorry if I offend but one of the attractions for me was the swimsuit competition at the Miss America pageant. In fact, I appreciated the gowns as well. The way a woman dresses shows off her femininity, because you can’t separate the culture from the person. We’ll see. Perhaps I won’t see.

Back to ABC, using rounds and the reveal at the end saves the show from disaster by introducing drama. I can only hope that the newly engaged couple will last, but I don’t care much, because I hardly know them. Unlike a good romance in a novel or real life, the couple’s commitment needs to be questioned and tried. Man is a social animal. Family, friends, and the couple do what’s best for each other. The couple have yet to work together.

If you want to watch The Proposal for light entertainment you may enjoy it. I probably will watch the next episode in which the woman chooses.


No comments:

Post a Comment