Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, June 3, 2018

A strong-willed woman

Before I start, I want top apologize to my readers. I've been missing in action for a bit more than a month. I have been writing this blog for many years and felt I had reached the end of all knowledge as is know it.

I will be changing things in the blog. I will expand the subject matter and include staff writers in a magazine style. To become a staff writer just email me with your intro and idea(s). A staff writer is also independent, this blog doesn't pay. There will be no restrictions on content and format as long as the piece is somewhat short and we always can apply the golden rule.

A STRONG WILLED WOMAN

I'll bet some will look at this title and be curious without reflection on the negative connotations. Writers must consider how some readers will misunderstand intent if the word(s) aren't clear.

I watched a Hallmark recently set in the gold rush era of the mid eighteen hundreds. The sheriff tells a worker that his female boss was a "strong willed" person. Apparently some men back then, and also today, think of a woman as a subservient person. Many might not yet know that a woman has a will, depending on how good their mom and dad taught them (about respect and dignity). Some are buttressed by their misguided faith. Some men beat their wives or worse when they show will.

In the case of the movie, the sheriff was issuing a warning and a challenge basically saying. "Are you just another hayseed, spectin' the woman to be your slave? If so, there's the trail and don't come back anytime soon, unless you have a hankering for my jail."

Being strong willed is both a positive and negative trait. If you have something to offer to the argument, please do bring your strong will, be you man or woman. If you don't you are just a pest with an unsupportable opinion.

Hallmark's Love Begin's originally aired in 2011.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=love+begins+2011+hallmark&&view=detail&mid=1FB380A76814D9B73EF91FB380A76814D9B73EF9&&FORM=VRDGAR

No comments:

Post a Comment