Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Frankie





.
Frankie
Sometimes one can do nothing about it.
I met my soulmate. The attraction was unstoppable, infinite. He was male, not much of one, and extremely hairy. Something must have been wrong. Nope. While stealing my heart, he told me a story that changed my life. He started with a wink with one eye, then the other, then that devastating smile. He whispered about the beginnings of man and wolf and how they were often together.
He went on. For the longest while, there were no dogs, no domestication by the will, force and brilliance of man. Just these gorgeous creatures prancing in and out of our lives. Frankie stayed with me sixteen years, he was half Canis Lupus and half Canus Lupus Familiaris. Yes, sixteen fantastic years. Every day I patted him, engaged him in a rather one-sided conversation, walked with him. Every night I hugged, kissed and told him I loved him. He is now with Brother Wolf, but he is also in my heart forever. I love him.
Frankie left me with a story that became my first novel (Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden; Running with Wolves). Funny thing about not knowing much about writing when it’s your first book. This one was my best. I got an agent, lost said agent. I sold a modest 5000 copies. I told a true story, also a story true to my heart. Because I believed in my story with every fiber of my being, it became my best, writing capabilities or not.
I like to think I learned more, but my tour of the infinite, a peek into the design of our creator cannot be topped.

How Much is That Doggie in the Window, by Patti Page, 1953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU


No comments:

Post a Comment