Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Don't stand under a glass ceiling

The front page headline in the LA Times today read, "TV is signaling that a woman can lead the US."

TV programming has shifted dramatically and heavily since Geena Davis's show, in which she played the president, wasn't renewed.
Now we have Veep, Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, House of Cards, Game of Thrones (quote: "Good luck finding him (a leader)." "Who said anything about a him," Varys replied.). More and more women are assuming lead roles of all kinds.

Our alpha male had best get with the program, if he even gives the new reality a thought. It is what it is (in Hollywood) and the article suggests that real life is either leading or following suit.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is now president Selina Meyer in HBO's Veep. Here's one of HBO's promos:




One of the points to Veep is that its comic strength is notemanating from a woman being president, that has lost it's dramatic/comedic value!

Extra credit: Remember Susan Elizabeth Phillips's First Lady? A story about a woman who wants to escape being an ornament in a man's world. I highly recommend it and bravo to SEP for portraying this strong woman.

Shameless self-promo corner: In my new release, A More Perfect Union, I invest in Senator Ayita Starblanket (Cherokee) running for president. Yes' it's a romance with political insight, intrigue and hardly anyone seems to notice she's a woman, except for her opponent...


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Bob: Your topic is right on the money today. My book EYEWITNESS is being published by Coffeetown Press in November and they asked if I knew anyone in the same field as my main character. She is a TV actress, and yes, I do. I'm a member of the Performing Arts Club here in Palm Desert, and my friend Sharon McCreary is too. Sharon's daughter, Lori, is Executive Producer of MADAM SECRETARY and Sharon will be a senator in the final episode, airing May 3rd. Will I ask Sharon if she'll ask Lori to say a good word about my book? You bet I will.

    ReplyDelete