Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chastised by unknown forces

CHASTISED BY UNKNOWN FORCES, July 21, 2013

I'm running off to my brother-in-law's funeral tomorrow, so I'll make this quick.

Last week there were a number of excuses for not writing: Comic-Con & RWA Nationals. I went to neither.

My current TV/internet/phone supplier sent me a note about the dangers of peer to peer networks (whatever that is). I assumed my use of Youtube was what they were wanting me to stop. I checked what was allowed and not allowed by typing in "fair use" on Bing. Apparently, if the blog is tutorial or educational primarily and the video is specifically stated as used for this purpose, I'm okay. One must also site the artist etc. Which I often do but now will always.

We are exploring the male POV here. Sometimes I run out of ideas and comment on something else related to writing.

I don't want to write about funerals. My brother-in-law was and is a great guy. He loved my sister and helped raise great kids.

However, I looked on Youtube, for something related to funerals and studied a clip from "Four Weddings and a Funeral."

Hugh Grant stumbles all over his first "I love you," to Andie Macdowell in the scene below. Is his character trying to cope with a new emotion? Many of us learn how to deal with love in high school and act accordingly later in life. However, I find this different take interesting and writerly. Maybe when you finally meet that one true love, you become love's fool.

Clip from "Four Weddings and a Funeral." 1994

 

No comments:

Post a Comment