Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Monday, November 2, 2020

Karla Kratovil is here today

I'd like to introduce a terrific author. Yesterday I talked about her a little and today Karla Kratovil will write about epilogues:

In Defense of the Epilogue:

Like many authors, I enjoyed creative writing as a child, writing stories born from my overactive imagination. But for me, the path to writing my first book was born out of a big birthday (the big 4-0) and my mini mid-life crisis. As my birthday approached, I contemplated my life's bucket list and decided it was time to tackle, Write a Book. I wrote for many months without telling a soul what I was doing, but as the story poured out, I watched the word count grow and grow. I gained confidence that I could reach that happy ending for the two lovers.

But what happens after the happy ending?

Epilogues are about closure. I use the epilogue as a way to show the payoff that my main character received in return for their choice to shed their old misconceptions and accept love. As a writer, I would probably write an epilogue for my main characters even if it never made the published novel's final cut. Crafting that glimpse of the characters' life after they say I love you is deeply satisfying. I believe this is why the series is king (or rather queen) in romance. As readers, don’t we all want to see what that happy ever after looks like for the characters we have come to love?

I write steamy historical romance set in the late Georgian/early Regency period. My current series, The Hearts of Stoneleigh Manor, revolves around the three Langdon siblings. The Langdons are a tight-knit family, so in each book, the reader will get to see what's happening with their favorite characters from the last book. Captain of My Heart and Thief of My Heart are available now, and book three will be out in 2021!

If you would like to know more about my books swing by my website, www.karlakratovil.com or my Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Karla-Kratovil/e/B083QPPBCD

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19952463.Karla_Kratovil

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/karla-kratovil

Here is a blurb for my newest release Thief of My Heart

The Duke of Gilchrest spends his days restoring his inheritance, raising his two young sons, and forging a path past his guilt over his wife's death. Then one night, he catches a thief breaking into his bedroom, and his well-ordered world is turned upside down.

Emma Whittingham is leading a double life. Her father's suicide leaves her to care for her five younger siblings alone. Her estranged uncle is in no financial position to be their guardian, but he does teach her the only skill he knows, how to be a jewel thief.

The trouble is she can't seem to stay away from the sexy duke. Each time she visits him under cover of darkness is another chance he will figure out her real identity. Then one job goes terribly wrong, and she must ask for help from the only man powerful enough to protect her and her family from ruin.


Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/Thief-Heart-Hearts-Stoneleigh-Manor-ebook/dp/B08HM4KBFF/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=thief+of+my+heart&qid=1604331963&s=digital-text&sr=1-1





 

1 comment: