Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A love poem for writers? 2/14/2013

A love poem by Mark O'Brien

No-one in Particular
Let me touch you with my words.
For my hands lie limp as empty
gloves.
Let my words stroke your hair,
Slide down your back and tickle
your belly.
For my hands, light and free-flying
as bricks,
Ignore my wishes and stubbornly
refuse to carry out my quietest
desires.
Let my words enter your mind,
bearing torches.
Admit them willingly into your
being
So they may caress you gently
within.

This poem, “Love Poem for No-one in Particular”, was written by Mark O’Brien. Mark was born in 1949 in the USA, and six years later contracted polio. Through his determination, humour and honesty, he became an influential activist and a powerful writer, until his death in 1999. He is now most known as the inspiration behind the recent film starring John Hawkes and Helen Hunt, “The Sessions”.

My blog's commentary on the above: I found something in these words that could be taken to heart by anybody who writes romance or uses love as a writerly tool.

We pound out black marks on a white background, trying through words to communicate love.
We picture our heroine's or hero's hair, back, belly, but the author and reader can't touch their imagination.
We transmit our quietest desires by letting our words create life.
We light a torch that becomes real to so many seeking love, inspiration or the satisfaction that comes from reading a great story.
We ask our readers to journey with us, to let our words gently caress their being.

The following is a short scene from the movie, "The Sessions," 2012.
 
 
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment