Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, November 13, 2022

the undefinable life of a romance writer

 Once upon a time, I was an engineer. My wife came from the Philippines. While dating, I discovered, much to my liking, that she loved basketball, as most Filipinos/as do. I took her to a Sixers game she was in heaven. As we settled into married life, she became curious about that rough sport I was watching all day Sunday. NFL football.

Things changed when I started writing. I didn't have the time to sit through a whole game, let alone all day. And let's not forget Monday and Thursday. I wrote. She watched. I kept her company for periods, but I was damn close to being a football widower, lol.

As a side note, she watches baseball and soccer as well. Two sports I hardly paid attention to, but do enjoy these now given that I made many interruptions for writing.

I wouldn't say roles were reversed. It's just time and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment