Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, December 13, 2020

A journey to traditional publishing

A journey into traditional publishing

My new novel, Cinnamon & Sugar, is being published by The Wild Rose Press with a full release on Jan 18, 2021. On Amazon it shows that you can pre-order. Once I found this out, I posted on Facebook. That, apparently, was enough to move it to position #250,000 with a hi so far of 800,000 on the best seller list. Look at this oddity in context. There are something like 7,000,000 books offered on Amazon, correct me if the number is higher. So what does this variation in numbers mean? I don’t know yet, maybe 20 or 30 sales?? I know that the average book sells 6 copies, lol. Don’t be that guy or gal.

Oh how to avoid that, yuk. You see, for me, I have no choice. When I was caretaking my daughter Lani, who passed away last year, I read the manuscript to her. She cried, it being right up her alley. She marched for women’s and civil rights. She made me promise to find a publisher and use the royalties to help my grandchildren. All royalties will go to the grandkids. So that’s why I have no choice. I must be successful, lol. Seriously, I know some of my author friends struggle with finding a traditional publisher. I’ll suggest that you find a cause coincident with the theme of your book. And if it is simply about love, celebrate it with all the passion you have. It helps to have someone pushing you. In my case, I have an angel.

https://www.amazon.com/Cinnamon-Sugar-RW-Richard-ebook/dp/B08PMPC9S8

Meet the heroine of my story as I see her. Alicia Bloom. Young and gorgeous, a valedictorian and poet who cannot go to college, being held back by her fosters. So she runs away and immediately finds herself in a world of hate in which she becomes the target of a homicidal maniac, just because she talked back to him. Just because she's black. Genre: new adult, interracial romance, probably rated PG.



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment