Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Description:


Some writers have a vivid idea of how their character looks. Some rely on images. Some use both an image for reinforcement and their own mind's eye. Some don't go for much description at all.

If you're writing a romance, it's important to see this lovely girl (she's seventeen going on eighteen) through the eyes of the hero. A twenty-year old hero would no doubt stop in his tracks. His mind would click away like a camera at  every little detail. Of coarse, her hidden smile, cocked head, long hair over her shoulder, the friendly look would make him walk up to her. Okay, maybe I could choose better words for this young lady. That's where my fellow writers (you) come in. Help. What do you see? I'm a guy so could some one to describe the cut of her blouse? Of course, if I get no responses, I'll do my homework and figure it out. Another thing: what's going on with the corners of her lips?

My Novel, Hate or Love? is almost ready for a freelance editor. Here again if you know of anybody...
The story is about what happens to the hero and heroine when he saves her from drowning in front of white power types. I rarely ask for help, but fellow romance writers, if you think your agent or publisher might be interested please correspond.

No comments:

Post a Comment