Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I just can't help myself, June 16, 2013

I just can't help myself.

Sorry about last week. I mean, I didn't post. I felt unfocused because I had received a request for my latest manuscript and wanted it out the door. Next week, I'll be on vacation, likely no blog post then.

Maybe this is a guy thing, or maybe it's an artist thing. The publisher who requested a full is an e-publisher. I thought, why not make my work "better" by adding the title of a song at the beginning of each chapter. The idea here, if they don't hate it and toss out the insert (not the ms.), is to set a mood for the reader AND since it's an e-book it could with permission present the whole song. (Probably expensive—so I'll go with the mood thing.)

So without preamble, here's the song title I chose for my last chapter, and for this blog the link to the entire song and video on YouTube is below.

LIKE A STAR, by Corinne Bailey Rae


Does anyone have experience with putting any kind of links into e-books? Dou you enjoy this singer/performer?

Extra credit: Picking out a song for each chapter has the added benefit of unifying the chapter under one predominant idea or theme. The song title might cause the writer to rewrite something which feels off key (or find another song). It's a great way to review each chapter before sending the ms. to a publisher. If nothing else, you could keep the titles to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment