Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Monday, January 10, 2022

My new book

 I have been in a funk and not blogging because my new book, The Chess Master, has to date only sold 5 copies. One reason is that I don't like marketing, but at least I should blog about it.



Click below to go to Amazon
The Chess Master

REVIEWS:

Cy Lakdawala, international master and at latest count author of 53 books on chess, wrote. “The Chess Master manages to capture the hearts, minds, and souls of chess players of all ratings. This is perhaps the best book of fiction on the subject of chess. I give it five stars. It should be in everybody’s library.”

Dr. Leroy Dubeck, former USCF President, and current USCF master, wrote. “The Chess Master reminds me of The Queen’s Gambit in that it follows the life of a genius girl, but that’s where it stops. It’s contemporary, more intense regarding chess (the author is a USCF master), and it doesn’t cut the story short. You will see how talent and inspired work lands the protagonist at the age of seventeen in a match for the world championship, and you will know who wins. This is a must-buy chess book.

The Story: Tayshia is turning six, but her daddy isn’t there to celebrate, and he never will be. At least she has her two sisters, brother, and mom. Yet, she’s not happy. Her daddy used to play chess with her, which she remembers for the many happy hours and his love. Like many six-year-olds, she enters a fantasy world with her daddy as her chess and life mentor. She’s brilliant and obsessed with making her daddy proud by becoming the best chess player she can be. Along the way, we see the family struggle without a father, husband. We also see Tayshia mature into a phenomenal chess player worthy of a match for the world chess championship. And you'll be with her when she plays that match.

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHORS

Sami Robinson, author of Broken Toy: “Bob, never having been a little black girl from a run-down neighborhood, needed my help. What we both didn’t count on was Tayshia’s genius being so overwhelming. But my friend had that down pat. You are going to love this girl.

Robert W Richard (Bob) also writes as RW Richard and won an award for the best romance of the year with Autumn Breeze. “Only chess players know how all-consuming the game is. In college, I spent most of my time at the chess club. Later in life and married, I sacrificed chess for my family life and a career as an engineer. No regrets, because now in semi-retirement, I get to live the life of a great player vicariously.”

The authors would appreciate your reviews. The authors rate this book good for general audiences PG.


Okay fans and friends. I feel better now...

No comments:

Post a Comment