Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Odds & Ends


I couldn’t decide what to post this week so I present snippets:
·        1. On the news, I witnessed U.S. Veterans talking to students about heroism. The message across their speeches was the same. Care for the other is heroism. A Viet Vet told of a Vietnamese soldier who covered him on incoming and lost his life. I thought of a simpler thing. When I walk my three-year-old grandson, I pull up my mask when people approach (usually somebody crosses the street.) I was showing them I care about them, even though I’m probably healthy. We all can be heroes if we just save one life by our good example.
·        2.  ABC is airing dramatic summaries of their first two seasons 18 years ago. Many of us have not seen how this iconic and highly rated (Nielson) show got started and perhaps how they improved. Spoiler alert: marriage and kids (later) resulted from the first season of The Bachelorette. Over the years the women have done better than men at picking mates. Are men just dolts?
·        3. The best romance novels have two main points of view because both the man and the woman* are involved in solving the problems they confront in both their inner & outer lives. Guess what, in the end, they must agree, lol. *guy/guy or gal/gal etc.
·        4.  According to Romance Writers of America 9% of romance novels are guys. Is it true that guys rather watch football than make love? Try this at home, if ever we see another football game. Actually, I can’t distract my wife when the NFL is on. 
      
      Tom Hanks talks with a kid president about heroes:

No comments:

Post a Comment