Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Amazon book rentals

I needed a quick topic today, because we have many guests left over from the funeral of my sweet daughter, Lani.

Every writer I talk to at conferences, critique groups, friendship etc. complains about the same thing.
AMAZON

Whether you published traditionally or it's a selfie, Amazon give you a choice. Share using KBP select and more people will read your book by renting. Yes, you may see pennies because they measure by pages read. BUT, when readers are offered a cheap fee to rent as many as they like, no one buys. SO, if you don't choose allowing rentals, no one will buy your book (In sufficient quantities to make a living).

I have a solution, but not a very good one. Get old fashioned and stick to it. Do paperbacks and hardbacks only! Yes, paperback sales are declining but the other methods already mentioned above are worse.
So why not get it done in paper, print some for your own sales and give aways. You will hold something tangible. Something you can personally pass on to your children and their children.

I read my latest manuscript to Lani before she died. She loved it and made me promise I'd find an agent or publisher. If there's an agent or publisher in my audience, the story's premise is: A white separatist rescues a black girl from drowning [NA (new adult) romance]. Please let me know if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment