Ask a male author about your male character traits or thoughts.

Amazon links to my stories: The Chess Master, Cinnamon & Sugar, Autumn Breeze, A More Perfect Union, Double Happiness, The Wolves of Sherwood Forest, Neanderthals and the Garden of Eden can be found down the right side of the blog. Another site very useful in categorizing books in their proper order is: https://www.booksradar.com/richard-rw/richard.html


Visit my website at: https://rwrichardnet.wordpress.com/

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Ipanema


I'm on vacation so I thought I'd dust off the following while I'm enjoying some sun shine...

Homage to The Girl From Ipanema sung by Joao Gilberto & various






When I stroll the beaches

for the girl from Ipanema

She is there, really there

I find her in the eyes of girls

in their sway and their swirls

They dance with sand

while the sea plays samba

They touch the waves - mermaids - all



But their eyes seem so familiar

something beats my heart harder



Anywhere a woman sways

her beauty she displays

No matter where I am from

there is always someone

She stands with me, don’t you see



Tall or small or young or older

the girl stands beside me, and I see



When I stroll the beaches

of Ipanema she is there, really there

I find her in the heart of girls

in the way they smile thru their curls



They dance with sand

while the sea plays samba

They touch the waves - mermaids - all



But I notice their eyes

I’ve seen them before

Anywhere a woman walks

The beauty you seek is there

with you now. It’s really there.



Ooh, I walk on gladly

Pulling my arms

she holds on firmly

And I do see - I really see.

No comments:

Post a Comment